What is Zirconium Porcelain?
Porcelain veneer is generally used in dental veneers. However, those who want an aesthetic appearance and a more comfortable use now prefer zirconium coating. When the zirconium material undergoes various processes and takes its final form, a solid and aesthetic workmanship emerges. It is possible to use this substance on both anterior and posterior teeth. This application, which is included in the metal-free coating group, also eliminates the problem of tooth sensitivity. Zirconium is a treated material. This product, which is obtained by making use of technology, differs from other coatings in many ways.
Reasons to Have Zirconium Veneer
There are countless reasons to have a zirconium coating, which provides advantages in many ways. If you wish, let's talk about a few of them in our article.
- Due to its heat resistant structure, it is sensitive to hot-cold permeability.
- It contains mineral structures that prevent tooth sensitivity.
- The light transmittance is quite good. Thus, it prevents the decay of natural teeth.
- It does not harm the sense of taste at all. Since it is not metal-supported, it does not cause a change in flavors.
- It can be used easily in patients with aesthetic concerns.
- It has a very solid construction.
- During the veneer, the cutting and thinning processes applied to the natural teeth are not performed.
- It is fixed to the surface with a special adhesive.
- Since it is a method that can be applied during the winter, it is the choice of patients who are stuck in time.
- Color changes that occur in other coatings do not occur in zirconium coating.
- Since its surface is slippery, it does not allow tartar formation.
Who is Zirconium Coating for?
Although there is no special criterion for patients who want to have a zirconium coating, in some cases, it can be put on hold.
For patients whose tooth structure is not fully established, it is generally recommended to wait until they reach 18 years of age. Since the tooth and jaw structure can grow, the zirconium coating may seem small.
Apart from this, there are patients who grind their teeth due to psychological problems, their teeth are locked, and they get used to gnawing hard objects. These patients are recommended to be treated first and then to have a zirconium coating. Because, although it is in a solid structure, zirconium coating can be damaged like natural teeth.
Except for these exceptional cases;
- Those with broken teeth
- Those with rotten and damaged teeth,
- Those who aim to whiten the color of the teeth in cases where the teeth whitening process is insufficient,
- Those with crooked teeth,
- Those whose teeth are separated due to gingival recession,
- Those whose gums are too high or lower than necessary,
- Those who have lip closure problem due to irregular tooth alignment,
- Those who have psychological problems due to smile phobia,
- Those whose teeth are too long, too short and irregular,
- Those who want their teeth to always look white and clean,
- Those who do not have time and want to have straight teeth as soon as possible,
zirconium tooth coating can easily be done.
How Long Does Zirconium Coating Take?
It is a method that does not require you to spend a long time as in metal-supported coatings.
From the measurement search to the final image, every stage is done digitally and in a short time.
You can have the teeth you want in a short time by deciding together with your dentist at every stage. From tooth color to size, the most suitable zirconium coating is determined for your face. Photographs of our faces are taken from different pains. Then, the zirconium coating to be applied according to your wishes is placed on the photos. Thus, you will not encounter a surprise image. Moreover, all these processes are prepared digitally and finished within a week.